Yes, that is correct, a new version. Autodesk has pushed out the best release of InfraWorks so far. They have combined the roadway design, drainage design, and bridge design into the software bundle at a great price. To see some of the new features, watch the video below…
Well it’s official. The Civil 3D User’s Group will be held at our office, March 16, 2016, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This will be an initial meeting to discuss production pains, the Civil PowerPack, future meetings, and much more!
Your feedback at this first meeting is crucial to our future meetings. We will also be introducing our new leader, Steve Houlder, and answering any questions or concerns you may have about the “new” company.
Stay tuned for a formal invite. Most of you will be receiving an email some time next week for you to RSVP to the event.
Hope to see ALL of you there!!
We are throwing around the idea to sponsor a Civil 3D User’s Group here in Houston. I have received a lot of feedback from several people that want to attend or host this.
If you will, please fill out the survey below so we can get an idea of how many would attend and what they would want to have covered.
Now that we are part of the Graitec family, we have the options to have software developed in house. Having said that, we want your feedback at the first user’s group on a Civil PowerPack. This would be an add-on for Civil 3D with tools to better help your performance and also adhere to some of the standards that the software does not currently support.
Thanks for you input and hope to see you soon!!
Click here to take the survey.
Autodesk has posted some more great tips, tricks and fixes. See below…
New and Updated Solutions! Vault, Revit, and more!
AutoCAD Civil 3D
There are only a few weeks left until perpetual licenses of most individual Autodesk products will be discontinued.
After January 28, 2016, new perpetual licenses of most individual Autodesk software will no longer be available for purchase or crossgrade. After July 28, 2016, Autodesk will discontinue sales of new perpetual license and will no longer off the option to migrate (crossgrade) to most Autodesk Design & Creation Suites.
For example, after January 28, 2016, a customer with a perpetual license of AutoCAD cannot crossgrade to a perpetual license of Revit. However, that customer can crossgrade the perpetual license of AutoCAD to a perpetual license of Building Design Suite Premium until the end-of-sale of the suites on July 31, 2016.
Customers will continue to have the opportunity to subscribe to the affected products with offerings specifically designed for individuals, teams and enterprises. The pay-as-you-go option for Autodesk products and cloud services will be available as multi-year, annual, quarterly or monthly subscription terms.
If you want to move to the latest 2016 software, or need additional licenses – and prefer to own your licenses – you’ll want to act prior to January 28, 2016, while they’re still available. Add Maintenance Subscription to your perpetual licenses to ensure you have continued access to subscription benefits, including software updates, technical support, and flexible licensing rights.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your options, please email us or call our office (281) 445-6161.
Convert your current stand-alone license to a network license before January 28, 2016.
After January 28, 2016, the option to add one-time network activation fees, which is required to change a stand-alone deployment to a network, will no longer be available. The option to purchase additional network licenses will also be discontinued. After this date, you will have the option to purchase term-based network licenses (via a “network subscription”) to add to your existing pool of network licenses.
If you have products with network licenses on Maintenance Subscription as of January 31, 2016, you will continue to own your perpetual license and retain the Maintenance Subscription benefits associated with those products. You will also be able to renew your Maintenance Subscription when the time comes.
A Network License offers more flexibility, security, and better business solutions on your software investment.
Make your move before the ability to purchase network activation for Autodesk products end soon.
Last Chance to Late Renew Before Option Goes Away
Beginning February 1, 2016, all subscriptions, including Maintenance Subscription, MUST be renewed ON TIME. After this date, customers will no longer be able to “late renew” their subscription. Customers that do not renew on time will lose their subscription benefits and will need to purchase a Desktop Subscription contract or cross-grade to a Design & Creation Suite with Maintenance Subscription to stay current.
If your Autodesk Subscription is expired and you are within your 364 days to late renew, it’s not too late. Autodesk will waive late fees for customers who renew their expired Maintenance Subscription contracts before January 19, 2016.
Act now to keep access to updates, cloud, and software services without a penalty.
Email email@example.com if you do not know when your Maintenance Subscription expires.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 21,000 times in 2015. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 8 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Autodesk has posted their newest updates and solutions……
AutoCAD Civil 3D
AutoCAD for Mac
AutoCAD Map 3D
BIM 360 Field
BIM 360 Glue
Infrastructure Design Suite
Infrastructure Map Server
Inventor 2016 Force Effect Addin is blocked by AVG
Inventor 2016’s ANSI W and ANSI ASTM A6/A6M (W Shape – Inch) Content Center Libraries for I-Beams ha…
Inventor Studio 2016 is producing all black renderings for the recorded animations
Inventor: 2016 with the R3 subscription release installed having problems viewing the collaborations…
Inventor: Dimension sick in sheet metal part
Inventor: Exact positioning of section line in the IDW source view for section View
Inventor: Selecting a plane makes all planes shining through the model
Inventor: Transfer of old 2014, 2015 Inventor Library to new machine with 2016 Inventor
Inventor: With 2016 R3 installed picking the Inventor Connect button the panel loads with an error F…
Robot Structural Analysis
How to work with Civil/Map 3D FDO connections and Vault
Impossible to check in Inventor DWGs into Vault: The underlying connection was closed…
Inventor 2015 and 2016 file highlight in Vault browser tree does not work when you select an object …
Opening Inventor files from vault does not overwrite the file on disk
Vault Check-In Error for Inventor document texture image is outside the defined search paths
Vault Content Center not available in Inventor
The install for Service Pack 2 showed up in my Application Manager. However, it is not on Autodesk’s website as of yet. The issues that have been resolved are as follows:
The following issues have been resolved in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Service Pack 2:
- An issue with the Profile.CreateFromFeatureLine styleId parameter has been resolved so that a profile style can now be applied as expected.
- An issue where three LabelStyleCollection.Expressions (CantCriticalPointsLabelStyles, AreaLabelStyles, and FlowSegmentLabelStyles) would display an InvalidOperationException has been resolved.
- The Label.SetReferenceTextTarget method now works as expected for a surface reference.
Export to DWG/DGN
- An issue has been resolved where the display order of objects would change when the drawing was exported to DWG or DGN.
- Having Quick Properties enabled no longer causes a selection issue with AutoCAD Civil 3D objects, where the drawing would lose focus and a second click was required to run a command.
Grading and Feature Lines
- An issue has been resolved where extra vertices were created on some feature lines which impacted the ability to create grading projections from those feature lines. To resolve this issue, run the AUDIT command in any affected drawings after installing the service pack.
Hydraflow Storm Sewers
- An issue has been resolved where the junction loss was not calculated in Hydraflow Storm Sewers when the flow was supercritical.
- An issue has been resolved where parcel labels and tables within an xref would become corrupted if the source drawing was modified.
- An issue has been resolved where having the object enabler loaded would cause new objects to be added to a drawing when it was saved, which caused a prompt to be displayed that the drawing needed to be recovered when it was reopened.
- An issue has been resolved where proxy warnings would appear in Autodesk® AutoCAD LT® when opening a drawing that contained AutoCAD Civil 3D objects even though the AutoCAD Civil 3D object enabler was installed.
Note: To download and install the fixes for the object enabler, go to the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Object Enabler website.
- The point creation commands At Alignment Geometry and Profile Geometry Points now honor the specified start and end stations.
Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks
- An issue has been resolved where user-defined structure descriptions would change to Null Structure when the part was moved or the invert was changed.
- An issue has been resolved where pipe invert grips were in the wrong location and had incorrect inverts, and these pipes could not be swapped for other parts.
- The Set Sump Depth structure rule now runs as expected without displaying an error.
- Synchronizing data shortcut pipes and structures no longer causes the drawing layer settings to revert to the settings specified on the Object Layers tab of the Drawing Settings dialog box.
- Linking to a pipe network or pressure network data shortcut in the Link to a Data Shortcut dialog box and then using the UNDO command no longer causes an error.
- Issues have been resolved with how negative and positive elevation ranges in surface analysis are calculated for a volume surface when there are gaps in the elevation ranges or overlapping elevation ranges.
- An issue has been resolved with surface analysis where the volume reported in an elevation range was inaccurate if the elevation range exceeded the highest or lowest elevation.
- An issue has been resolved where survey figures were exported incorrectly from the survey database.
Autodesk® InfraWorks® 360 Interoperability
- Alignments and corridors which contain compound spirals are now exported as expected to IMX.
- An issue has been resolved where an entire Autodesk InfraWorks 360 model would be opened after selecting the Area Of Interest option in the Open InfraWorks 360 Model dialog box.
- A drawing with xrefs attached to it and saved with the Save As command can now be checked into Vault.
- Performance has been improved when checking in files into Vault, refreshing Vault projects, opening read-only drawings that have xrefs attached, and logging into a Vault database that contains several projects.
- On the Uses tab of the Preview pane in Vault, duplicate drawings no longer appear in the list of files for a drawing that has xrefs attached.
- An issue has been resolved where point groups in drawings in a Vault project would always be marked with an out-of-date icon in Prospector.