Autodesk has a released a Hotfix 2 that addresses some of the issues below…
· Creating feature lines from objects when the objects are overlapping closed polylines no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
· An issue that caused fatal errors when closing the application has been resolved.
· The stability of the Audit command has been improved.
· A severe stability issue when working in paperspace has been resolved. The issue occurred when panning and zooming and then attempting to perform an AutoCAD edit, such as erasing an object.
· An issue that caused the application to close unexpectedly on startup has been resolved. The issue was related to migrated settings from a previous release.
· An error causing the application to close unexpectedly while using the Grade to Surface command has been resolved.
· An error causing the application to close unexpectedly while moving a PVI has been resolved.
· Stability when opening some drawings when Level of Detail is turned on has been improved.
Included fixes from Hotfix 1
· An issue with the Survey Figures Property dialog box has been resolved. In the lower section of the panel you can now see the vertex properties for chain type figures.
· An issue when opening an AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 drawing in Navisworks Manage 2013 with the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Object Enabler installed has been resolved. After applying the hotfix, importing a drawing using Navisworks Manage 2013 no longer results in the application becoming unresponsive or closing unexpectedly.
Autodesk has removed the Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2013 because of Fatal Error issues.
Autodesk has released Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD 2013.
There are quite a few issues resolved with this service pack so make sure you view the ReadMe file.
Download Service Pack 1 here.
If you are a subscription customer with Autodesk, you can log into the Subscription website and download the Productivity Tools for Civil 3D 2013. There are some pretty neat tools that might be helpful to you. The tools will install into your Toolbox of the Toolspace under the Subscription Extension Manager. These Productivity Tools include the following:
- Borehole Utility
- Cartogramma Utility
- Corridor Solids Extraction
- Extension for Civil View
- Import/Export Extension for GENIO
- 12D Data Extension
- Rural and Urban Road Subassemblies
- PISTE Translator (FR)
- Clip/ISTRAM Translator (ES).
- Bridge Modeler
You can also read about this on the Being Civil’s blog.
Have you ever tried creating a shortcut and the program prompts you to save the drawing first? Always, huh? Well sometimes it prompts you to save the drawing, you do, then try to create the data shortcut and it just keeps prompting you to save.
Autodesk has put out a hotfix for this. You can find and read about it here.
Autodesk has released an update for Civil 3D 2012 which is version 2.1. Make sure you view the ReadMe file located on the download page for Update 2.1 found here.
I had a call this morning from a customer that stated their survey database was locked and he couldn’t do anything with it. Usually what this means is that it is in the “Read-Only” state. You can visually see that it is “read-only” by the icon that appears next to your survey database name. See image below…
After checking the folder for permissions, which customer had Full Control, it occurred to me that the execution of opening the survey database might not be the correct way.
The correct way to open a survey database is to right-click on it, then select Open for Edit. The customer was double clicking the survey database to open it. What happens is when you double click it, it opens in “Read-Only” mode. The image above was opened by double clicking the survey database. The image below is opened by right-clicking on the database name and selecting Open for Edit.
Make sure you select the “Follow” button on the bottom of your screen to keep up to date with our current blogs.