Autodesk has released a Hotfix 1 for Civil 3D 2014. The issues that are resolved are as follows:
- Importing a subassembly to a tool palette when the tool palette is closed no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- Closing a drawing while the Corridor Section Editor is open in another drawing no longer causes an error.
- Attaching a subassembly to a LinkToMark point no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- Importing a subassembly from a file location with a long path no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- The CreateBestFitAlignment/Profile command no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly when more than one drawing is open.
- An issue that caused the application to close unexpectedly when creating feature lines from objects has been resolved.
- An issue that caused an error when opening a drawing has been resolved.
- Stability when adding or editing a point style has been improved.
- The stability of the ExportToAutocad command has been improved.
- An issue that caused instability on systems that do not have BIOS serial number information has been resolved.
- Stability when opening a drawing has been improved.
- An issue that caused an error when modifying or deleting a parcel segment line has been resolved.
- The stability of the Mapcheck command has been improved.
- An error no longer occurs when running the FollowSurfaceINPV command on a pressure network when there is a pipe crossing a surface gap.
- Importing multiple content files in the Content Catalog Editor no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- An issue that caused the application to close unexpectedly while using the profile layout tool bar has been resolved.
- An issue that caused an error when switching between layouts with the level of detail display enabled has been resolved.
- Adding, deleting, and re-adding a point file to a surface definition no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- Surface analysis data is now retained as expected after rebuilding the surface.
- The stability of the ImportSurveyData command has been improved.
- The stability of the ImportFieldbook command has been improved.
You can download the Hotfix from within Civil 3D…
When creating a new local survey database, you might come across an error stating that it cannot open the shared memory region.
The cause of this seems to be the Windows User Access Control (UAC). You need to set this to Never Notify…
Autodesk has posted this solution here.
Some of you might have noticed that my last blog had a link to a DGN Clean-up Tool. Well from last week until today, it has been pulled. However, Mr. R.K. McSwain has his own post about cleaning up this DGN mess.
Read more at R.K.’s weblog here.
Autodesk has released a “clean-up tool” that cleans up unwanted data that comes from Microstation.
You can download the hotfix for this and read more about it by clicking the link for “clean-up tool” above.
Autodesk has a solution for controlling the text height in a point table. You might have noticed that if you change the text height, you don’t get the desired result. That’s because you need to change the table size instead, NOT the text height.
You can read more here.
I have updated a model of Plant 3D into Infraworks. You can watch the video below…
Autodesk has released a service pack 2 for AutoCAD 2013. This service pack also applies to the Suites.
You can read about it, and download here.
I was helping out a customer yesterday to get logged into the Subscription Center when the login boxes went blank. I would click in the box to enter the username and right away the area went blank. I thought it was a fluke, so I logged in using Chrome, no problems.
Well today there is a post on the Up and Ready blog about this being an issue. This is a great write up.
You can read about it here.
Autodesk has created a solution for this via the Knowledge Base.
Read more here.
Autodesk has released a new update for Civil 3D 2012 that addresses the following issues…
- The accuracy of profile station labels that use station index format has been improved.
- COGO Editor now accepts DMS input containing spaces.
- An issue that caused a feature line to erroneously span between two stations ignoring all of the corridor sections in between has been resolved.
- An issue that caused Feature lines to not display as expected has been resolved.
- Profiles are no longer duplicated in multiple alignments.
- An issue that prevented users from creating Data Shortcuts has been resolved.
- Referenced pipes and pipe labels are now displayed as expected when plotted.
- Creating a reference to a grid surface no longer causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to stop responding.
- The stability of the drawing opening command has been improved.
- Creating a catchment without flow path results no longer causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to stop responding.
- The accuracy of pond calculations in Hydraflow Hydrograph has been improved.
- The accuracy of Hydraflow Express SDF Curve values has been improved.
- LandXML import now respects wildcards in the object layer.
- Superelevation diagram is now displayed as expected when the alignment is data referenced.
- Surface smoothing no longer introduces erroneous elevations into surface.
- Coordinate system settings are now applied to DEM when adding to a TIN Model.
- Stability and accuracy when pasting surfaces has been improved.
- The stability of Traverse Analysis has been improved.
Download the update here.