Jeff Juniewich at His Best!
Have you ever wanted to add GIS data that is in GRID to your Civil project that is in Ground through FDO? Here is a two step procedure for creating a Ground Coordinate System. When creating a ground coordinate system for State Plane Zones that use the Lambert Conformal Conic projection there is no place to enter the scale factor. To get around this you must create a custom Ellipsoid.
Sample Scale Factor: 1.000130
First Step: Create a new Ellipsoid Definition
1. In the Map Setup Tab, from the Create dropdown select Create Ellipsoid Definition.
2. In the Create Ellipsoid window select Create a new ellipsoid from and existing one.
3. Select GRS1980 from the list. In the Create Ellipsoid window hit Next.
4. In the Modify ellipsoid window, Modify Code: by appending the County Name (or project name).
5. Copy and paste the value from the Inverse…
View original post 273 more words