Autodesk has released InfraWorks 2017.3 as of this morning. The update will show in your Autodesk Desktop Application Manager or you can download it here. Below are some of the new features in the new release:
Overviews of what’s new:
- (video) What’s New in InfraWorks 360 2017.3 – this is a recording of a January 4th, 2017 product team webcast for users, providing an overview of the latest release.
- (text) What’s New In InfraWorks 360 2017 – a summary of new enhancements to InfraWorks 360 in 2017. Updates specific to the 2017.3 release are marked with a .
- For an overview of system requirements, visit System Requirements for Autodesk InfraWorks 360 2017.
Updated tutorials for component-based roadway design:
New Help topics about key updates:
- Assign different modes to Views: views can have a mode, such as select or edit.
- Speed up your workflow by applying your girder, pier, or foundation modifications to the next component you select.
- View roadway station and component station labels at key geometric locations such as start and end points of horizontal and vertical curves, points of intersection, points of vertical intersection, and road component and transition lengths.
- Save your custom bridge assemblies and re-use them as templates from the Style Palette.
- Send your bridge to Revit: bridge components can be converted to Direct Shape or Revit families.
- Split roadside grading and modify the material and slope.
- Modify start/end stations for grading areas to create grading zones, and add grading transitions. Specify slopes and materials independently for each zone. Specify length of transition between grading zones.
- View cut and fill volumes for intersections, roundabouts, and bridges. Specify a station range to show earthwork quantities for part of a road.
- Right of Ways limits shown on Cut/Fill View. You can also convert any ROW line segment to an arc.
- Perform flood simulations on rivers and water areas for multiple inflow locations. Specify Elevation vs. Time inflows for coastal storm surge simulations.
- Enhanced engineering-grade terrain generation for large point cloud projects. Enhanced feature modeling for Assigning vertical features as city furniture.
- New adaptive tree style: Beech tree
Videos to acclimate you to new features in 2017:
- Adjust Roadside Grading
- Add and Modify Bridge Deck and Girder Cross Sections
- User Interface Tour
- Generate Terrain and Model Features from Point Clouds
- Working with Views
- Run Flood Simulation Animations
- Apply and Inspect Superelevation in Component Roads