Autodesk released this today…
Using the Autodesk Prerequisite Checker
At times it can be difficult to know if your computer is capable of running a particular Autodesk software product, even when presented with the published prerequisites. The Autodesk Prerequisite Checker analyzes the hardware and software environment of your computer and provides an output to let you know if you will be able to install and run a particular Autodesk product, or if you might run into difficulty.
To Install the Prerequisite Checker:
- Download the installation executable from the following link: Download Prerequisite Checker. (This tool can be downloaded on a windows operating system)
- Double-click the executable file and click the “Install” button.
- Accept the license agreement and click “Next.”
- Click the “Install” button. The installation should complete in 1 minute or less.
- Click “Finish” when complete.
To use the Prerequisite Checker:
- If the software does not launch automatically, the launcher can be found in the Windows Start menu under All Programs > Autodesk > Diagnostic Utilities — or simply search for “Autodesk Prerequisite Checker.”
- Once launched, the software takes a moment to initialize and analyze your system.
No information about your system will be transmitted. This process simply compares your environment versus the requirements of the product.
- When this process is complete, a window is displayed.
First select the product year (such as 2017 or 2016) and then select the product (for example, “Autodesk AutoCAD 64-bit”).
A results page based on your system analysis and the program’s minimum and recommended requirements is displayed.
“Congratulations! No issues found which will block installation or cause significant negative impact to running this application”:
This output means your system meets the minimum and recommended requirements for your the software you selected.
Warnings for installation (Yellow highlight):
This error means something was found on your system that meets the minimum requirement but not the recommended requirement for the Autodesk software. Details are provided in the error description. Typically this type of error indicates you may sometimes experience performance issues when running the software.
Errors for installation (Orange Highlight):
This error means that something on your system does not meet the minimum requirement for the Autodesk software. Details are provided in the error description. Typically this type of error indicates you will experience performance issues such as latency when running the software—or you may not be able to run the software at all.
Blocking Issue (Red Highlight):
This error means your system environment has an incompatibility that will prevent you from installing the selected software. Details are provided in the error description.
Multiple Display adapters: Many systems are equipped with multiple video cards. The Prerequisite Checker will identify all video cards and displays on your system. Your results may indicate that one video card meets requirements and one does not. If this is the case, make sure your drivers are configured so that the Autodesk software launches using the card that meets the requirements.
Multi Core Processors: For some systems with 8- and 16-core processors, advances in Multicore processors and hyper-threading may allow your processor to run the Autodesk software without limitations, even if your processor appears to have a Clock speed that does not meet a software requirement.