New Feature and Feature Enhancement Summary
Here’s a summary of the new features and enhancements provided in this Update.
|Blocks Palette||Feature Enhancement||
|Text on Layer||Feature Enhancement||Sets a default layer for text and multiline text objects with the TEXTLAYER system variable.|
|Standards for Multileaders||Feature Enhancement||Extends the Standards feature to support multileader styles.|
|Security||Feature Enhancement||The SECUREREMOTEACCESS system variable has been expanded to control whether ObjectARX programs are restricted from uploading to internet locations or remote servers.|
|3D Translators||Feature Enhancement||The translators used for importing several external 3D formats have been updated. These include Creo and Granite, SolidEdge, NX, Parasolid, JT, and Rhino.|
Problems Reported Through the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix several defects including the following:
- Occasional crashes when using the BLOCKNAVIGATE system variable to specify paths and file names for blocks and drawings.
- Occasional crashes when inserting DXF files from the Blocks palette.
- Occasional crashes when using WBLOCK and selecting a field in some drawings.
- Occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD if the Blocks palette displays a corrupted drawing in the Other Drawing tab.
Plot and print PDF
- Occasional crashes when plotting to a PDF file when an included font name is more than 31 characters long.
- Occasional crashes when changing the visual style in the Model Documentation mode.
- Occasional crashes when grip editing multiple objects.
- Occasional crashes when opening drawings that contain corrupted linetypes.
- Occasional crashes when opening certain drawings and then switching from model to a paper space layout.
- Occasional crashes when opening DXF files that do not include any layouts.
- Occasional crashes when with the SHAREVIEW command for drawings containing zero-length objects.
- Occasional crashes when switching to different layouts in drawings that contain geographic location information.
General Update Content
The following defects have been fixed:
- A preview might not display in the Dimension Style dialog box for the Annotative dimension style.
- The objects might not display after editing a block and switching from paper space to model space.
- Opening some drawings takes longer than in previous versions.
- Plotting some drawings to PDF is slower than expected.
- Quick Measure does not support rotated UCS orientations even when the XY plane of the UCS is parallel to the XY plane of the WCS.
- Quick Measure doesn’t work on some AutoCAD Mechanical custom objects.
- Quick Measure results are partly hidden if the current layer is turned off.
- With the SHAREVIEW command, drawings can be clipped incorrectly on the right side.
- External references cannot be detached when inserted multiple times.
- PDF and DWF files might not display in the block editor.
- The results might be incorrect when using PASTESPEC to insert a table.
- Changes to the Default Scale List in the Options dialog box, User Preferences tab, aren’t retained.