Total CAD Systems now has a 1 day class for InfraWorks. The first class will be held on September 9, 2016. This is an all day class and book is provided.
Some of the class material is listed below…
- Connect data through the Data Sources dialog box
- Stylize the models that are connected
- Add 3D models from Trimble® 3D Warehouse (formerly known as Google 3D Warehouse) to the Style Palette and then place them in your workspace
- Basic measurements and surface analysis
- Create a video flyby
If you are interested in attending this class, please contact Nhi Nguyen.
Autodesk has released the service pack 1 for all AutoCAD based products. You will notice it show up in the Autodesk Application Manager. Some of the issues fixed are below…
As a result of the detailed information that Autodesk received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, they were able to identify and fix the problems listed below:
- There were occasional crashes when inserting some blocks a second time.
- There were occasional crashes when zooming out of a drawing following the 3D orbit command.
- There were occasional crashes when purging DXF drawing files.
Web and Cloud
- There were occasional crashes when modifying the Online Options settings and signing in to Autodesk A360 from InfoCenter.
- There were occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD in Windows 10.
- There were occasional crashes when inputting the system time in long string format, and then using the DIM command.
- There were occasional crashes when switching layouts.
- There were occasional crashes when performing a 3D rotate in drawings containing a point cloud.
- There were occasional crashes when plotting to PDF using AccoreConsole.exe.
- There were occasional crashes when performing an Undo after detaching a reference using the External References palette.
- There were occasional crashes when PNG images were specified in a CUI resource file.
The following defects have been fixed:
- Xrefs on a frozen viewport layer would still be plotted.
- AutoCAD in Citrix might not default to the primary display adapter.
Open and Save
- Opening a drawing file using an Excel hyperlink was repositioning the AutoCAD application window.
- Importing a PDF Underlay that was attached with relative path could fail.
- The Xref status incorrectly displays the “Needs reloading” message when the dataset is opened from a UNC path to a shared folder.
- When opening drawings created with AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD might crash if the drawing was saved again.
- Plotting with certain visual styles might produce incorrect results.
- Migrating custom settings might fail.
***IT HAS ALSO BEEN REPORTED THAT SERVICE PACK 1 BREAKS AUTOCAD APPS PLUG-IN AUTO LOADER MECHANISM. YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT THIS ISSUE HERE.***
Autodesk has hidden gems that come in very handy for some users, especially the ones that need to view drawings, but don’t have the software installed. On Autodesk’s home page, if you scroll down toward the bottom, you will see a section called Free Resources…
Notice here, all you have to do is drag and drop the drawing onto here and it will open in A360 Viewer. There are also links to free student software and free trials. Watch the video below to see how easy it is…
Join us for our 2017 Product Launch Event. You can register and view the agenda by clicking here or the image below…
I forgot to mention that this will be held on June 1st. I put it in the title, but it’s not all that informative. I also forgot to put a link to register. So if you would, please register for the event by clicking the button below…
Well it’s about that time again. This will be our 3rd user’s group! Hey, gotta start somewhere, right?
First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you that have attended and provided great feedback and presentations.
This user’s group will be held at Ward, Getz and Associates (thanks to Brandon Berry for hosting!). They are located at 2500 Tanglewilde St., Suite #120, Houston, TX 77063.
As We have mentioned before, we are open to locations. I know that everyone doesn’t want to drive all the way out to Greenspoint every single time, so thanks again Brandon for hosting.
The topic(s) for this user’s group will be as follows:
- Discussion of the Civil PowerPack – Where we stand today, and what to expect in the future. I also want more feedback and ideas.
- I have some questions about some of the submissions for the PowerPack that I hope you will help me with.
- Discuss the differences between InfraWorks 360 and InfraWorks 360 LT
- Demonstration on the interoperability between InfraWorks and Civil 3D
I hope to see each of you again, and I’ll see you soon.
RSVP today by clicking here.
As most of you know, we are now going to be holding the Civil User’s Group the first Wednesday of every month.
The next User’s Group will be held on May 4, 2016.
I need some feedback on if you are able to host this at your office, and what subjects you want to cover. We will be discussion the Civil PowerPack just briefly in case you have come across some more items you would like added to it. Some of you have already sent me many other suggestions and I have forwarded them on to the development team.
Please reply as soon as possible so we can get this set up. An official email will be sent out when we get enough feedback from you guys.
Thanks and have a great week!