The new features below, come from the Civil 3D 2016 help guide…
New Features in Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016 contains the following new features and enhancements.
Integration of the Autodesk Point Cloud Surface Extraction 2015 Feature
- The Create Surface From Point Cloud command has been integrated and is now available on the ribbon. The command now provides the ability to adjust the default distance between points in order to change the percentage of points that will be included in the surface.
Integration of the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Productivity Pack 1 Features
The following features in the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Productivity Pack 1 have been integrated:
- The ability to bring Autodesk InfraWorks 360 data into AutoCAD Civil 3D by referencing a local InfraWorks 360 model has been integrated. The feature has been enhanced with the ability to bring InfraWorks 360 bridges into AutoCAD Civil 3D as 3D solids. For more information, see About Exchanging Data Between AutoCAD Civil 3D and Autodesk InfraWorks.
- The ability to create AutoCAD solids from TIN surfaces, pipe networks, and pressure networks has been integrated. For more information, see To Create AutoCAD Solids from AutoCAD Civil 3D TIN Surfaces and To Create AutoCAD Solids from AutoCAD Civil 3D Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks.
- An option is now available for creating exclusionary catchments, which exclude other catchments.
- An option is now available for selecting alignments by layer to use as width and offset targets for corridors.
- The ability to import and export Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files has been added.
- You can use the Manage Data Shortcuts command to repair broken data shortcuts and to replace drawing objects with data shortcuts.
- You can now label the locations in profile views where pipes and pressure pipes cross an alignment. You can also label the locations in section views where pressure pipes cross a sample line. New properties are available in the Label Style Composer dialog box to support these label types. For more information, see To Label Crossing Pipe Locations in Profile Views and Section Views and To Label Crossing Pressure Pipe Locations in Profile Views and Section Views.
- New commands are available for labeling pressure networks in section views.
- Options are now available for controlling the direction of sections in section views.
- The Prospector tree can now display project objects that exist in subfolders within the object type folders.
- You can now create data references to objects that exist in different Vault projects.
New Features in the Autodesk® Subassembly Composer for Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016
- A new Loop Geometry tool is available for repeating specified links until they reach a Surface Target or until they are repeated a specified number of times. The following new sample PKT file is available:
You can access the sample PKT files at http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d-subassembly-pkt-files-2016.
Industry News & Schedule of Events
Keep up with Total CAD Systems, Inc.’s latest news, promotions, and schedule of events.
“Dive Into 2015” Event
with Special Guest Lynn Allen
Join us at our annual Product Launch Event and dive into the new features and functionalities of the 2015 Autodesk software. Learn new tips & tricks from our industry experts, see how to utilize multiple products in the Autodesk Suites for ultimate project workflow, and attend our Special Guest Speaker, Lynn Allen’s, AutoCAD Tips and Tricks presentation.
When: June 10, 2014
Time: 8am to 3pm CST
Where: Houston Food Bank Conference Center
535 Portwall Street
Houston, TX 77029
Lynn Allen, Cadalyst columnist and Autodesk Technical Evangelist, speaks to more than 30,000 users worldwide each year. For the past 22 years she has written a column for Cadalyst magazine called “Circles and Lines” and is the voice behind the popular Cadalyst videos -“Tips and Tricks with Lynn Allen”. Lynn started using Autodesk® software over 25 years ago, and taught at the corporate and collegiate level for 13 years before joining Autodesk. A sought-after public speaker with a unique comedic style, Lynn is always one of the highest rated speakers and host of Autodesk University®. The author of three AutoCAD books, her latest is entitled AutoCAD Professional Tips and Techniques.
More information coming soon.
Autodesk Subscription is no longer the name of the software maintenance program offered by Autodesk; it is now the umbrella brand for all of the Subscription offerings provided by Autodesk, including the following options:
See what Subscription offerings will best fit your organization’s needs.
Do you know how to manage your Subscription Benefits?
Read more here.
The 2015 software is available for download. If it does not show up in your Subscription Account, your 2015 upgrade has not been released by Autodesk. You will receive an email notification from the Autodesk Subscription Team when it becomes available for download. Helpful links.
To request media: Subscription Customers can request media through Subscription Center or let their Total CAD Rep know they would like media, and we can request on their behalf.
For more information, visit our Subscription page or call our office (281) 445-6161.
Autodesk Upgrade Discount Promotion
Transformation is coming
Beginning February 1, 2015, upgrades from previous releases will only be available with Autodesk® Subscription. Upgrade today and add Subscription so you’ll always have the latest software at your fingertips.
From now through April 25, 2014, product upgrades to the following current releases are eligible for a discount when purchased with one year of Subscription.
Eligible License Upgrades with Subscription Purchase*:
- Autodesk Design or Creation Suite Ultimate, Premium, Standard
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2014
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® for Mac
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Raster Design
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map3D
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® MEP
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® P&ID
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D
- Autodesk® Revit® Architecture/Revit® MEP/Revit ®Structure
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Utility Design
- Autodesk® 3ds Max®
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Electrical
- Autodesk® Inventor®/Inventor® Engineer-to-Order/Inventor Professional /Inventor® Publisher
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical
- Autodesk® Vault®/ Autodesk® Vault® Professional/ Autodesk® Vault®Workgroup
*Eligible perpetual Autodesk product upgrades include previous version upgrades listed in the Q1 GFP Upgrade Autodesk Eligibility Matrix (1-6x previous releases) (“Eligible Products”). All upgrades to and/or from any release of Autodesk® AutoCAD LT®, Autodesk® Inventor LT™, Autodesk® Revit LT™, Autodesk® AutoCAD® Inventor LT™ Suite and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit LT™ Suite products are excluded from this offer. Subscription benefits are subject to Autodesk® Subscription terms and conditions.
Autodesk AutoCAD LT Portfolio Upgrade Promotion
From March 28th, 2014 until April 25th, 2014, customers can receive up to a 30% discount off the Autodesk SRP on the purchase of a qualifying upgrade license of Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2015, and Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2015. This offer is only available on the electronically licensed download upgrade licenses when Autodesk Maintenance Subscription is attached.
For more information, visit our promotions page or call (281) 445-6161.
In This Issue
May 5th – 8th
AutoCAD Civil 3D Fundamentals
May 19th – 22nd
Email Nhi Hong to register for training or for more information.
Autodesk Open Doors Certification Event Day
Join us at an Autodesk Open Doors Certification Event.
For only $35, you can become an Autodesk Certified Professional!
Open Door Certification Event Day:
May 2nd, 2014
Follow these steps to register:
Register your information at www.autodeskoffer.com/odc
Select the exam you’d like to take
Enter in the Site ID: AM0045 to select Total CAD Systems as your Certification Center.
You can find more information on these exams including exam road maps by visiting www.autodesk.com/certification.
Future Open Door Certification Event Dates*:
September 12th, 2014
October 3rd, 2014
*Registration for these dates will not be live until previous Open Door date has passed.
Attendees will be entered into a draw to win a Microsoft Surface 2 10.6″ 32GB Windows 8.1 RT Tablet. Your name will be entered each time you purchase an exam so the more exams you purchase, the better chance you have of winning.
Total CAD Systems, Inc.
480 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E., Ste. 234, Houston, TX 77060
Copyright © 20XX. All Rights Reserved.