The new features below, come from the Civil 3D 2016 help guide…
New Features in Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016 contains the following new features and enhancements.
Integration of the Autodesk Point Cloud Surface Extraction 2015 Feature
- The Create Surface From Point Cloud command has been integrated and is now available on the ribbon. The command now provides the ability to adjust the default distance between points in order to change the percentage of points that will be included in the surface.
Integration of the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Productivity Pack 1 Features
The following features in the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Productivity Pack 1 have been integrated:
- The ability to bring Autodesk InfraWorks 360 data into AutoCAD Civil 3D by referencing a local InfraWorks 360 model has been integrated. The feature has been enhanced with the ability to bring InfraWorks 360 bridges into AutoCAD Civil 3D as 3D solids. For more information, see About Exchanging Data Between AutoCAD Civil 3D and Autodesk InfraWorks.
- The ability to create AutoCAD solids from TIN surfaces, pipe networks, and pressure networks has been integrated. For more information, see To Create AutoCAD Solids from AutoCAD Civil 3D TIN Surfaces and To Create AutoCAD Solids from AutoCAD Civil 3D Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks.
- An option is now available for creating exclusionary catchments, which exclude other catchments.
- An option is now available for selecting alignments by layer to use as width and offset targets for corridors.
- The ability to import and export Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files has been added.
- You can use the Manage Data Shortcuts command to repair broken data shortcuts and to replace drawing objects with data shortcuts.
- You can now label the locations in profile views where pipes and pressure pipes cross an alignment. You can also label the locations in section views where pressure pipes cross a sample line. New properties are available in the Label Style Composer dialog box to support these label types. For more information, see To Label Crossing Pipe Locations in Profile Views and Section Views and To Label Crossing Pressure Pipe Locations in Profile Views and Section Views.
- New commands are available for labeling pressure networks in section views.
- Options are now available for controlling the direction of sections in section views.
- The Prospector tree can now display project objects that exist in subfolders within the object type folders.
- You can now create data references to objects that exist in different Vault projects.
New Features in the Autodesk® Subassembly Composer for Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016
- A new Loop Geometry tool is available for repeating specified links until they reach a Surface Target or until they are repeated a specified number of times. The following new sample PKT file is available:
You can access the sample PKT files at http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d-subassembly-pkt-files-2016.
Below is a list of the 2013 products that have been released…
AutoCAD® for Mac®
|AutoCAD LT® for Mac®|
|AutoCAD® Raster Design|
|AutoCAD® Inventor LT™ Suite|
|Autodesk® Inventor LT™|
|Autodesk® Inventor® OEM|
|Autodesk® Inventor® Professional|
|Autodesk® Inventor® Publisher|
|Autodesk® Simulation CFD|
|Autodesk® Simulation CFD Advanced|
|Autodesk® Simulation CFD Motion|
|Autodesk® Simulation DFM|
|Autodesk® Simulation Mechanical|
|Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® Adviser|
|Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® CAD Doctor|
|Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® Design Link|
|Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® Insight|
|Autodesk® Simulation Multiphysics|
|Autodesk® Vault Collaboration|
|Autodesk® Vault Professional|
|Autodesk® Vault Workgroup|
|AutoCAD® Map 3D|
|AutoCAD® Plant 3D|
|Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server|
|Autodesk® Quantity Takeoff|
|Autodesk® Revit® Architecture|
|Autodesk® Revit® Structure|
|Autodesk® Revit® MEP|
|Autodesk® Vault Collaboration AEC|